I am hoping to have several guest posts to my blog scattered throughout this year. I figured I would start it out with a contribution from Carmen. This post was actually written by Carmen to my friend and neighbor who watches our felines when we are gone. I figured my readers would appreciate Carmen’s efforts.
Thank you so much for being my substitute staff member. I missed you! But of course the sunbeam will often be much more important than coming out to see you.
I want to make sure you know the important parts of caring for me.
- Food! Please give us each a cube of cat food each day. Needless to say you cannot simply put the food on a plate and give it to us. Hell no! Microwave the cubes for about 30 seconds. We are going for room temperature here. Squish them down and mix it up a little. Tammy does it for us. That guy (DH2U) does not. Enough said.
- Water. I like water. A LOT. Stupid Lemon will drink out of the toilet, but I won’t. That’s gross!
- TOYS!!!!! PLAY WITH US!!!! I love fishing poles. Strangely enough, I don’t like the one with the fish on it. The one with the blue thing at the end is my favorite. The one with the red feather is Lemon’s favorite. I will run and jump for the toy if I don’t think Lemon is watching. If I think she is watching, I will ignore it. Lemon loves the stupid mice. You can throw those all day and she will run after them. I wait for toys to come to me. Obviously I am smarter.
- Loving. I demand to be petted. Lemon probably needs as much love as me, but I am protective of my staff member. She is intolerable when you’re gone if she doesn’t get some loving, so do try to get some attention going her way … like when I’m eating or too busy in my sunbeam to bother with you.
- Oh yeah, Lemon’s medicine. How could I forget? She has to get pills! Hahahahahahahaha! Every other day.
- The plants. The staff members squirt them every day. I don’t like it. That is the same bottle they use on me when I’m doing things my way for a change. They say to water the plants every other day or so. The plants really get in my walking route, so I don’t know that I’d miss them if they “disappeared”. Hint, hint.
- Each time you come over, Tammy insists on having things for you. Go figure. The two jars on this paper are for you. The first one is some non-bitter orange marmalade. She loves the stuff. That guy likes it, too. The other jar is because you like oatmeal. Tammy puts a spoonful of the gingered pear compote into her oatmeal each morning and makes sounds like she enjoys what she is eating. It’s annoying, but it is only once a day, so I tolerate it.
I’m so glad you are here! I look forward to being treated like the goddess I am by you for the next week.
PS. If the fur on the back of my neck looks a little funny, it is because they gave me flea stuff before they left. They suck.